Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tri Shutter Card

For my workshops, I like to ask the hostess what she or he would like to see made. I have a workshop on the weekend, where my wonderful hostess, had asked to see the tri shutter card. I have seen these cards and gee they look nice. But, me being me, never had ventured to make one. So I decided I had better get cracking and make one. I made this a few weeks ago, was going to post it, but the lovely Bec had posted one on her blog the same night and I decided against posting mine in case people thought I was a copy cat lol. Bec's blog is under my paper angels links if you would like to have a look at her gorgeous card.
So, with Mum up here I felt the urge to create!! This is what I came up with! I used pink pirouette as the base card stock. I really like this years in colors! I than added black as a border colour to the raspberry tart designer series paper. I used white ink onto two of my black squares and the gorgeous "Great Friend" Stamp Set, that is available in the mini, for sale until the 30Th November. I really hope that they add this set to the next years September release of our new Stampin' Up! idea book and catalogue.
SO AFTER a bit of measuring and scoring and folding I came up with this card. I really like it, and am planning on using this design of card into my November Christmas card workshops! After adding a brad with a pink rhinestone i was happy.
I hope that my hostess on the weekend likes it! I hope that you do


No comments: